Transportation infrastructure plays a critical part in supporting the nation's economy and the construction industry plays a key role in building, maintaining, and improving the systems. Annual public investment in highway infrastructure is approximately $160 billion, transit infrastructure is approximately $30 billion and airport runway improvement $7 billion. Railroad investment is largely from the private sector and is approximately $30 billion per year.
Despite these investment levels, transportation infrastructure investment is still inadequate. ذكذكتسئµ of America is a leading advocate for transportation infrastructure investment at the Federal level and ذكذكتسئµ chapters nationwide are important proponents of transportation infrastructure investment at the state and local levels.
Federal/State Funding Resources
- Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (Bipartisan Infrastructure Law) Summary
- 2023 Permitting Reform Bill Summary
- ذكذكتسئµ Alternative Funding Chart
- â€“ ذكذكتسئµ co-chairs the TCC, a coalition of construction interests focused on highway investment. In addition to "inside the beltway" advocacy, TCC annually holds a Washington Fly-In to get the attention of Congress on the need for transportation investment.
- â€“ ذكذكتسئµ participates in the activities of AHUA, a broad based transportation coalition founded in 1932 to advocate for the motorist and champion safe and efficient roads.
- â€“ ذكذكتسئµ is an active member MBUFA, a coalition formed to support mileage based user fees as a way to provide needed revenue for the federal Highway Trust Fund and for state transportation funds.